If you have decided to enlist the help of a professional wedding/event planner to assist with your wedding, you want to make sure that you are hiring the best. Schedule an interview with him/her and ask important questions. The answers to those questions will help you decide whether or not this person is right for you. The certified wedding planners, who are members of Weddings Beautiful Worldwide, are likely to be the standard against which you evaluate the planners you interview. They suggest that you review this list of questions and ask those that are important to you before you make your final selection.
• Have you worked with any of the vendors or venues that I have in mind? If yes, what do you know about them? If no, are there similar vendors that you would recommend? Why?
• How many weddings my size have you done? Can you tell me about one or two of them?
• Who are your favorite caterers, florists, bands, etc? Why do you like them?
• Please show me a portfolio of previous weddings you have done.
• What is your role? What is mine? Who has what responsibility? Who has the final say?
• How often do you expect to meet with me before the wedding?
• How many hours do you work the day of the wedding?
• How many weddings can you handle in a month? Do you have the staff to handle them all?
If staff members will be involved in my wedding, can I meet them first?
• How do you charge? Is it a flat fee or are there add ons?
• What kind of experience do you have? How long have you been planning weddings?
• Tell me how you handle emergencies or dicey situations?